Challanges And Chances
2020/08/31 4-7 pm CEST
2020 is a difficult year for tourist guides worldwide. In many countries guides are only allowed to guide under special conditions. But are guests booking tours at the moment? Is there a second wave with renewed restrictions, travel warnings and lockdowns coming?
We want to analyse the situation with the association chairladies of the WFTGA and the German BVGD and discuss the situation with all of you. How can tourist guide associations help their members now? We want to share some best practice cases and focus on the positive.
International experts from cruise companies and city tourism sectors will give us an outlook on 2021 and the upcoming requirements for tourist guides.
We also give a small preview of our training program in winter and will discuss with you, want we should focus on.
- 04:00 pm CET (Vienna Time) Guide Training: Welcome & Introduction
- 04:10 pm, WFTGA, Alsucha Ritchie: Guiding situation worldwide
- 04:30 pm, BVGD (German Tourist Guide Association), Maren Richter: The role of guide associations
- 04:50 pm, Avalon River Cruises, Burghard Lell (Head of Strategy): River cruise ship companies in 2020/2021
- 05:10 pm, Linz Tourism, Georg Steiner: City tourism of today and tomorrow
- 05:30 pm, Coffee break and dance session 🙂
- 05:40 pm, Panelists discussion: The future of tourism
- 06:30 pm, Breakout rooms, individual discussions
- 06:50 pm, Guide Training: Presentation of winter workshop sessions
- 07:00 pm, Guide Training: End and goodbye
The whole webinar will be in English. We will provide a professional live interpretation in German with our partner www.livevoice.io.
If tourist guide associations get in contact with us, we also can organise interpretations in other languages.