2020 has been a difficult year for tourist guides around the world. In many countries, guides are only allowed to lead under strict conditions. But are guests booking a guided tour at all at the moment? Is there a second wave with new restrictions, travel warnings and lockdowns?
We want to analyze the situation with the chairmen of tourist guide associations and discuss the situation with you.
International experts from cruise and city tourism will give us an outlook on 2021 and the upcoming requirements for tourist guides.
- 16:00 Welcome and introduction of the speakers
- 16:10 WFTGA (World Association of Tour Guides), Alushca Ritchie (President): World Tour Guide Situation
- 16:30 BVGD, Maren Richter (chair): The role of guide associations during the crisis
- 16:50 Avalon River Cruises, Burghard Lell (Head of Strategy and Corporate Development): The State of River Cruise Tourism in 2020/2021
- 17:10 Linz Tourism, Georg Steiner (Director): The city tourism of today and tomorrow
- 17:30 coffee break with dance unit 🙂
- 17:40 Speakers Roundtable: The Future for Tourist Guides
- 18:30 Individual discussion of the participants in small groups
- 18:50 Farewell
- 19:00 end
The whole webinar will be held in English. We offer a professional live translation into German by our Viennese app partner www.livevoice.io especially for austriaguides and tourist guides.